Green Tomato Chutney Recipe
Green tomato chutney has a very tempting sweet and sour taste. The added sesame seeds add their unique aroma to this awesome preparation. It serves as a delicious accompaniment to any meal with rotis or parathas.
- Tomatoes - 4 medium size green
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Green chilies - To taste
- Curry leaves - 4-5
- Sesame seeds - 1 & 1/2 tsp powdered and roasted
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Take 4 medium size green tomatoes and cut them into pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add crushed green chilies to taste and 4-5 curry leaves. Stir a little and add the tomato pieces.
- Add 1 & 1/2 tsp powdered roasted sesame seeds. Add 2 tsp sugar. (If the tomatoes are very sour, more sugar can be added).
- Stir occasionally and cook on a low flame, till the tomato pieces dissolve completely.
- Add salt to taste.