- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Gulamba is mouth watering, sweet and slightly sour, raw mango chutney that will make you forget all other accompaniments in a meal. A sure hit summer recipe with all age groups. Very easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for many months. But won't last that long!! Such yummy taste. Enjoy!!
- Raw mango - grated or cut in to small pieces
- Jaggery (gud) - 1 - 1 & 1/2 times the quantity of the grated or cut mango
- Grate or cut raw mango into small pieces. If grating, discard the outer peel. If cutting, you may keep the peel. If I grate, I usually do it in a food processor as it does not grate it very fine. I like thick streaks of raw mango in the prepared chutney rather than very fine. If grating manually try to use a grater that grates thick.
- Measure and taste the grated mango.
- If the mango is not much sour, add the same measure of jaggery(gud) as the grated mango, to it. If the mango is very sour, add 1 and 1/2 times jaggery.
- Let it cook on a low flame, stirring intermittently till most of the water is evaporated and a thick consistency is achieved. Remember, after cooling, it becomes thicker.
- Add little ghee when serving.
- Serve with rotis/chapatis. It can also be stored in the fridge for many months.