Spinach Soup Recipe
Spinach Soup recipe is an extremely healthy and delicious recipe that serves as an ideal appetizer for any meal. Spinach with its iron and protein content make it very beneficial for health.
- Spinach leaves - 4 cups
- Rice flour - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Bay leaf - 1
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped
- Ginger - 1/4th tsp chopped
- Green chili - 1 vertically cut
- Salt - To taste
- Crushed black pepper - To taste
- Take 4 cups of spinach leaves, thoroughly washed and chopped.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp rice flour with 2 tbsp water to form a smooth mixture.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and add 3 cloves, 1" piece of cinnamon, 1 bay leaf and 5-6 curry leaves. Fry for some time and add 1 finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, and 1/4th tsp chopped ginger. Fry for a minute and add 1 vertically cut green chili.
- Now add the spinach leaves and 4 cups of water. Let it boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and allow to cool.
- Discard the cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Sieve to collect the water in a separate bowl and grind the cooked spinach leaves in a grinder to get a smooth texture.
- Transfer to a pot and add the sieved water.
- Add salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Add the rice flour-water mixture for thickening and let it cook for 7-8 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot. Some fresh cream and bread croutons can be added on top.