Kutchi Dabeli Recipe
Kutchi Dabeli is a mouth watering recipe from the Kutch region in India. It has a unique taste and it makes a perfect snack at any time of the day.
- Potatoes - 4 medium sized boiled and peeled
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies - 2 finely crushed
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Goda / Kala masala - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Pomegranate seeds or Spicy peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Buns of bread (Pavs) - about 5
- Sweet Tamarind chutney - As needed
- Mash 4 medium size boiled potatoes.
- To it add, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp garlic paste, and 2 green chilies finely crushed.
- Also add 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder), 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp Maharashtrian Goda masala, and salt to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (If not available, you can add salted or spicy peanuts).
- Mix everything well.
- For the mixture above, you will need about 5 pavs (buns of bread). Cut one pav in half. To one part, spread some tamarind/date sweet chutney. On it evenly spread about 3-4 tbsp of the potato mixture that was prepared. Cover with the other half of the pav and roast on a griddle on both sides.
- Repeat for the rest of the pavs and the filling.
- Serve warm.