- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Sweet Lemon Pickle Recipe (Upasache Lonche)
- Lemons - 12 small or 6 big
- Salt - 1/5 of the lemon pieces.
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Red chli powder - To taste
- Get 12 (if small in size) or 6 (if big in size) lemons. Wash them and dry them completely.
- Cut them into 1" big cubes.
- Divide the cut pieces into 5 equal parts. Get salt equal in quantity to one of the 5 parts and add to the lemon pieces.
- Mix well and store in a container for 5 days for marination.
- After 5 days, prepare the sugar solution as follows.
- In a vessel, take 3 cups sugar and add water till the sugar is completely soaked. Bring it to boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about 5-6 minutes. Test the sugar solution occasionally by taking one or two drops in a plate and trying to roll them between fingers to form a small ball. When this happens, the sugar solution is ready.
- Turn off the gas and add the marinated lemon pieces to it.
- Add red chili powder to taste and bring it to boil once again.
- Let it cool. Store in a plastic or glass jar.
- This pickle stays good for more than a year.