Coriander Green Chutney Recipe
This coriander chutney recipe goes well with so many Indian foods like bhel, chat papdi, idli,dosa, uttappa, dhirde, adai and so on, that I often call it an 'All purpose chutney'. It is very easy to prepare and is unmatched in taste.
- Coriander / Cilantro leaves - 1/2 cup thoroughly washed
- Green chilies - 3-4 or by taste
- Lime / lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Garlic clove - 2 big or 4 small
- Salt - To taste
- Gram flour fritters (Sev, boondi, gathiya or papdi) or potato chips - 1 tbsp
- In a grinder jar, mix the thoroughly washed coriander/cilantro, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, and the 'gathiya'.
- To all the above ingredients, add water and grind. The quantity of water can be as per liking, to get the desired consistency.
- This chutney can be used for making 'bhel', wada-pav', 'misal' or similar snacks. It also tastes good as an accompaniment for any kind of 'paratha' or south Indian food like idli or dosa.