Bharwa Bhindi Recipe (Stuffed Okra)
Bharwa bhindi or okra is a spicy variation of this tasty vegetable. Enjoy with roti or chapati or phulka.
- Okra/ Lady's finger (Bhindi) - 15 (about 1/4 Kg)
- Gram flour (Besan) - 4 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a small bunch finely chopped
- Thoroughly wash 15 bhindis (okra) (about 1/4 Kg) and dry them with a paper towel.
- Slit all the bhindis vertically to make space for the filling.
- For the masala filling, mix 4 tbsp besan (gram flour) with 4 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp amchur (dry mango powder), red chili powder and salt to taste. Fill this masala in all the bhindis. Then cut all the filled bhindis into small 1" big pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and add all the bhindis. Fry for a minute and then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and let cook. Stir occasionally after every 4-5 minutes and let cook till all the bhindis are soft.
- Now add the remaining masala filling, stir carefully and cover to cook for another minute.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot with chapati or phulka.