Bhel salad is a new recipe invented by my family. It is a salad with all Indian seasonings.This salad is bound to please all kids and they are sure to ask for more. Enjoy!
- Iceberg lettuce - 2 cups cut into big cubes
- Cucumber - 1
- Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
- Red/yellow pepper - 1/4th finely chopped
- Tomato - 1
- Bhel-mix / chiwada / Indian farsan (fried Indian fritter snacks) - As needed
- Sweet tamarind chutney - 2 tbsp
- Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander / Cilantro leaves - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Thin sev (gram flour fritters) - As needed
- Mix all the following in a mixing bowl: 2 cups iceberg lettuce cut into big cubes, 1 cucumber washed, peeled and cut into big cubes, 1/2 onion finely chopped, 1/4th red/yellow pepper finely chopped, 1 tomato cut into small pieces, and any other kind of salad leaves thoroughly washed and cut into big pieces.
- Add any kind of bhel-mix/chiwada/indian farsan.
- Add 2 tbsp sweet tamarind chutney, 1/2 tsp chat masala, and mix everything well.
- Garnish with 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander and sprinkle some thin sev on top.
- Serve before the salad leaves and the bhel-mix become soft and soggy. If there is still some time to serve, add the sweet chutney and the bhel-mix at the last minute.