Stir Fry Bhindi Recipe
This stir fry bhindi recipe is a simple recipe that uses minimum spices and so retains the original flavor of this vegetable.
- Okras (bhindis/ lady's finger) - 15-20 (1/4 kg)
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 vertically slit
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Thoroughly wash 15-20 okras (bhindis) and dry them completely.
- Cut all okras into 1/2 cm pieces.
- In a pan, heat 3 tsp oil and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 2 green chilies vertically slit.
- Add all the cut okras and fry on a medium flame, stirring every 2-3 minutes till the okras are soft and turn darker.
- Now add salt to taste and 1/2 tsp sugar. Fry for another minute and turn off the gas.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with Chapatis or Phulkas.