Cabbage Salad Recipe (Kobichi Koshimbir)
Cabbage Salad also known as 'Kobichi koshimbir' in Marathi, is a very healthy accompaniment to any meal. Cabbage that is used raw in this recipe retains its own natural flavor and all the essential nutrients.
- Cabbage - 1 cup coarsely shredded
- Coarsely roasted peanut powder* - 1 &1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Lime / lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asfoetida (hing) - pinch
- Green chili - 1 vertically slit
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a small bunch finely chopped c
- Take 1 cup cabbage coarsely shredded.
- Add 1 &1/2 tbsp coarsely roasted peanut powder*, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil, and add a pinch of asfoetida (hing), and 1 vertically slit green chili. Add this seasoning to the shredded cabbage and mix well.
- You may garnish it with finely chopped coriander.
*Roast peanuts in a pan on amedium flame, till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Let cool and then crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.