Cucumber Salad Recipe (Kakadi chi koshimbir)
This cucumber salad is my own creation. Added sprouts and peanut powder combined with cucumber make it a great accompaniment in any meal. Enjoy!
- Salt - To taste
- Cucumber - 1
- Coarsely ground roasted-peanut powder* - 2 tbsp
- Sprouted matki / moth beans - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Lime / lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Green chili - 1 vertically slit
- Cut 1 cucumber with a knife into small pieces and squeeze out all the cucumber juice by pressing firmly with both hands, as shown in the video below.
- Add 2 tbsp coarsely ground roasted-peanut powder*, 2 tbsp sprouted matki / moth, and 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander.
- Add salt to taste, 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- In a small pan, heat 1 & 1/2 tsp oil, and add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing), and 1 vertically slit green chili. Stir fry a little and turn off the gas.
- Add this seasoning to the salad and mix well.
- Serve with roti/chapati.
*Roast peanuts in a pan on a medium flame till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Let cool and then crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.