Dhirde Recipe (Mixed Flour Dosa)
Dhirde is a quick and nutritious recipe that is open for your own creative interpretation. Add/remove vegetables or different types of flours. Dhirde is always a hit with kids.
- Wheat flour (Ata) - 1 cup
- Gram flour (besan) - 1/4 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Sorghum or Millet (Jowar or Bajra) flour - 1/4 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies or red chili powder - 1 tsp crushed
- Vegetables by choice - 1/4 cup
- Mix 1 cup wheat flour with 1/4 cup gram flour (besan), 1/4 cup rice flour, 1/4 cup jowar/bajra (sorghum/millet) flour.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, salt to taste, 1 tbsp garlic paste, and 1 tsp crushed green chilies or red chili powder to taste.
- Add any vegetable (1/4 cup) of your choice like, grated carrots, finely chopped spinach or methi leaves, finely chopped/coarsely ground cabbage, or grated bottle gourd (ghiya). Add 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander.
- Add water and mix well breaking all the lumps. Make it into a thick runny liquid, like a regular Dosa batter.
- Heat a griddle and keep on a medium flame. Pour about 4 tbsp batter in the center of the griddle and spread into a few millimeters thick circle. Spread 1/2 tsp oil all along the edges and let cook till you see brownish color at the edges. Then flip over and cook on the other side till some brown spots appear.
- Serve hot with some butter and any pickle, chutney or ketchup.