- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Garlic Chutney Recipe (Lasanachi Chutney)
Garlic chutney is a very spicy, palette satisfying accompaniment for any meal. It can also be rolled with some oil or ghee in a chapati and enjoyed as a quick snack.
- Garlic cloves - 5-6 (about 1 & 1/2 tbsp)
- Red chili powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Coarsely ground roasted peanuts* - 3 tbsp
- Dry coconut - 1/2 cup grated
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Finely grind 1 & 1/2 tbsp garlic cloves with 1 & 1/2 tsp red chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Add 3 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanuts* and grind again for a few seconds to mix. Keep this aside.
- Roast 1/2 cup grated dry-coconut till it turns brownish pink and then grind it.
- Add the ground coconut to the mixture kept aside in step 2.
- Add 1/4 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Serve with some oil or ghee or just dry, with roti/chapati.
*Roast peanuts in a pan till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.