- Serving: Makes About 10 Parathas
Healthy Aloo paratha Recipe
Aloo paratha is often a favorite breakfast menu. This recipe makes it healthier without altering the basic taste.
- For dough
- Wheat flour (Ata) - 2 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or by taste
- Spinach or methi (fenugreek leaves) or any other green leafy vegetable - 1 & 1/2 cups finely chopped
- Oil - 2-3 tsp for dough and more for roasting the paratha
- For filling
- Potatoes - 5 medium size, boiled and peeled
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Garlic cloves - 4-5 big size
- Ginger - 2-3 inches big piece
- Green chilies or Red chili powder - By taste
- Salt - To taste
Mix the wheat flour, salt, 2-3 tsp oil, and the chopped spinach or methi (fenugreek leaves) or any other green leafy vegetable that you want to add.
Now use water to knead into a soft dough, same as the Chapati dough.
Mash the potatoes and add the onion and salt. Crush the green chilies, ginger and garlic and add to the potatoes.
Make about 3" big round balls of the filling.
Rolling and roasting the paratha:
Take a 2" big ball of the dough and flatten it with your fingers.
Place one ball of the filling on it.
Bring the dough together on all sides towards the center to wrap the filling and close firmly at the top.
Press gently to flatten.
Dust with wheat flour on both sides and roll on a rolling board into 1/2 cm thick circle.
Roast nicely on both sides, on a heated griddle.
Apply 1/4 tsp oil on both sides when roasting.
Serve hot delicious aloo paratha with butter, yogurt and any pickle.
Repeat with the rest of the dough and the filling.