Mango Halwa Recipe
This Mango Halwa Recipe will make you forget the traditional sooji halwa! Try this easy and extremely delicious recipe especially with fresh mango pulp during the mango season or anytime with canned mango pulp. Hope you like it too!
- Mango pulp - 1 &1/2 cup fresh or canned
- Semolina (sooji / rawa) - 1 & 1/2 cup fine or coarse (I have used coarse semolina)
- Sugar - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - 6 tbsp
- Almonds (optional) - 7-8 peeled and sliced, for garnishing
- In a vessel, mix 1 &1/2 cup mango pulp with 1 & 1/2 cup water. Heat on a medium flame stirring occasionally. Bring to near-boil.
- Soak 7-8 almonds in 1/4 cup hot water. In about 30 minutes, you should be able to peel them. After peeling, slice them vertically into thin and long pieces.
- Roast 1 & 1/2 cup fine semolina (sooji / rawa) in 3 tbsp ghee till it starts turning slightly pinkish.
- Now slowly pour the mango-pulp-water mix over the semolina and mix well, leaving no lumps of the semolina.
- Add 1 & 1/4 cup sugar. Mix, reduce heat to lowest and cover to cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and slowly pour 2 tsp ghee all along the sides.
- Mix and cover for another 2 minutes. Turn off the gas.
- Garnish with sliced almond and serve hot.