Aloo Methi Sabzi Recipe
Aloo methi is a healthy as well as tasty and spicy preparation that is loved by all ages. Pack for lunch or travel and enjoy with roti or chapati.
- Potatoes - 4 medium sized
- Fenugreek (Methi) leaves - 2 cups, roughly chopped
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - A pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped
- Sabzi masala or Chaat masala - 1 tsp sabzi masala or 1/2 tsp garam masala + 1/4 tsp raw mango powder(amchur) or 1 tsp chaat masala
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp or by taste
- In a pan, heat 4 tsp oil and add cumin seeds, asafoetida (hing), and turmeric powder.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir fry till the garlic is brownish.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir fry till the potatoes turn little brownish on the outside.
- Cover and let cook on a low flame till 90% done.
- Now add the chopped methi leaves.
- Add salt to taste, sabzi masala and red chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low flame till the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Serve this tasty sabzi with with roti/chapati/naan.