Spicy Poha Recipe (‘Lavlele pohe’)
Spicy Poha Recipe that I am sharing here is a very simple snack that does not need any cooking. It uses the thin variety of poha or rice flakes that only have to be warmed up in a microwave to get some crunchiness. Rest is just mixing of spices. Try this simple mouth watering recipe to satisfy the snack-time hunger.
- Thin flattened rice flakes (Thin Poha) - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Kala / Goda Masala - 4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 1/2
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - A small bunch finely chopped
- Roast 2 cup thin poha (flattened rice flakes) in a microwave for about 1 minute till it becomes crispy (the time needed may vary for different microwaves).
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp oil with 4 tsp Kala / Goda Masala, salt to taste, and 1 tsp red chili powder.
- Add this oil-mix to the poha and mix well.
- Add 1 onion finely chopped, and 1/2 tomato finely chopped.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve.