Stir Fry String Beans Recipe
Stir fry string beans recipe is a very simple way to cook these nutritious beans. There are no fancy spices involved and no gravy either. Enjoy with roti/chapati.
- String beans - 250 grams
- sodium bicarbonate - 2-3 pinches
- Oil - 2 & 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 crushed or finely chopped
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a small bunch finely chopped
- Take about 250 grams string beans. Remove veins along the edges of the beans by breaking at the ends and peeling them off.
- Wash thoroughly and cut horizontally into small pieces. Sprinkle 2-3 pinches of soda (sodium bicarbonate) and mix well so that the soda gets evenly applied to all the beans. Soda helps to retain the green color of the beans even after cooking.
- In a pan, heat 2 & 1/2 tsp oil, and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. When they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing), and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Add all the cut beans and stir well.
- Add salt to taste, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 2 crushed or finely chopped green chilies.
- Cover and let cook on a low to medium flame, stirring occasionally, till the beans are soft.
- Add 1/4 tsp coriander powder and 1/4 tsp cumin powder.
- Cover and let cook for another minute.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve with roti/chapati.