- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sweet Tamarind Chutney Recipe
Sweet tamarind chutney is a sweet and sour multipurpose chutney that goes with many foods especially snacks like bhel-puri, 'chaats', samosas, vada-pav, katchi dabeli and so on. This recipe is very simple to make and the chutney can be stored in the refrigerator for many months.
- Dry tamarind - 3
- Jaggery (gud) - double the quantity of tamarind
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Take 3"x 2"x 1" piece of dry tamarind and soak in 1 cup hot water. When it becomes soft, discard all seeds.
- Add jaggery, that is about double the quantity of tamarind, 1/2 cup water, and then grind into a fine paste.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle in a pressure cooker.
- Add salt and red chili powder to taste.
- Add 1/2 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
- Add water as needed to achieve a desired consistency.