Tomato Carrot Soup Recipe
Tomato and carrot soup is a very common soup that is usually loved by all. Try this simple recipe to make this delicious sweet and sour soup in minutes.
- Tomatoes - 6 medium sized
- Carrots - 1
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Black peppercorns - 7-8
- Cloves - 2
- Onion - 1/4 cup big cubes
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Wash 6 medium size tomatoes and cut them into halves.
- Wash and peel 1 carrot and cut into big pieces.
- Put both, carrot and tomatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and add 1/4 cup water.
- Add 1"cinnamon, 7-8 black peppercorns, 2 cloves, and 1/4 cup onion cut into big cubes. Cover and cook in a microwave for about 5 minutes (you may also chose to cook all the above on gas).
- Blend nicely in a blender.
- In a pot, add 2 tbsp butter, and add the cooked tomato-carrot blend.
- Add 1 cup water, 4 tsp sugar, and salt to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add some fresh cream on top if you like.
- Serve hot with bread croutons.