Appam / Appe Recipe (from dosa batter)
Appam / Appe is a healthy and delicious snack. The recipe I have shared here is made from the dosa batter. I have added gram flour and some spices to the dosa batter to prepare the batter for appams.
- Dosa Batter - 2 Cups
- Gram flour (besan) - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Ginger Paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Creen chilies - 1 & 1/2 tsp crushed
- Coconut - 1/4 cup freshly grated
- Salt - To Taste
- To 2 cups of Dosa Batter, add 2 tbsp gram flour (besan), 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 & 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1 & 1/2 tsp crushed green chilies, 1/4 cup freshly grated coconut, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add a drop of oil in each compartment of an appam maker. Fill each compartment with the batter, leaving some space for each appam to rise.
- Cover and let cook on a low-medium flame. Check by inserting a fork into one appa. The wet batter should not stick to the knife and the knife should be clean when withdrawn.
- Flip over all the appams to the other side and cook for 2 minutes, without cover.
- Remove the appams and serve hot with any dry (like molagapodi/gun powder) or wet chutney (like coriander chutney, peanut chutney or tomato chutney)