Curd Rice Recipe (Dahi Bhat)
Curd rice is a perfectly tummy-soothing recipe to make with any left over plain rice. It is easy to digest and is also ideal for a small hunger.
- Left-over rice - 1/2 cup Soft - cooked
- Plain white yogurt (curd) - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 3-4
- Dried red chili - 1 split in two
- Salt - To taste
- Masala chilies - Fried (optional)
- For 1/2 cup soft-cooked left-over rice, add 4 tbsp plain white yogurt (curd). Mix well, ideally with your fingers, mashing the rice grains gently, as you mix.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and mix.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tsp oil, and add 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- After they crackle, add 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing), 3-4 curry leaves, and 1 dried red chili split in two. Stir fry for a minute on low flame and keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, add this seasoning to the rice, and add some salt to taste.
- Mix well and garnish with fried masala chilies, crushed or whole (optional).
- Serve cold or at room temperature.