Instant Chakolya Recipe / Varan Phal Recipe
Instant Chakolya is an extremely quick recipe that is fast to make, spicy as well as yummy. Any leftover chapatis can be quickly turned into this short meal.
- Left over chapatis - 2
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 3-4
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Kala/Goda Masala - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Lime / lemon juice - 1 tsp
- pressure cooked toor daal (optional). - 1/4 cup
- Coriander / Cilantro leaves - a small bunch finely chopped
- Cut 2 left over chapatis into big 1"x 1" pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil, and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 3-4 curry leaves.
- Add 1 & 1/4 cup water, salt and red chili powder to taste, 1 & 1/2 tsp Kala/Goda Masala, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1/4 cup pressure cooked toor daal (optional).
- Bring to boil.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.