Lauki Ki Sabzi Recipe (With Tomato)
Lauki (bottle gourd) with tomato has a lovely sweet and sour taste. It is a totally different and unique way to cook this variety of gourd.
- Bottle gourd (Lauki) - 1 cup cut into small pieces
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida(hing) - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Tomatoes - 2 cut into small pieces
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - To taste
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Peel and cut lauki into small 1" x 1" cubes. Discard any hard big size seeds in the center when cutting.
- For 1 cup cut lauki, heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, and add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida(hing), 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 4 cloves and 1" piece of cinnamon. Stir fry for a few seconds and add 2 tomatoes cut into small pieces.
- Add the lauki pieces and mix well. Add salt and red chili powder to taste, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cover to cook till the lauki becomes soft.
- Serve hot with roti/chapati.