- Yield: Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Mixed Vegetable Paratha Recipe
Mixed vegetable paratha is a very healthy form of paratha. You can try adding many other vegetables too, besides those given here, like spinach, fenugreek leaves, or shredded cauliflower.
- For the Filling
- Carrots - 1/2 cup peeled and grated
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup finely chopped or coarsely shredded
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup coarsely ground
- String Beans - 1/2 cup shredded
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp finely chopped
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Green Chilies or Red Chili Powder - To Taste
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1/2 tsp
- For the Dough
- Wheat Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
(All ingredients are also underlined)
For the filling :
- Use 1/2 cup peeled and grated carrots, 1/2 cup finely chopped or coarsely shredded cabbage (I used a food processor to shred), 1/2 cup coarsely ground green peas, and 1/2 cup shredded string beans.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, and add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp asfoetida (hing), 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 onion finely chopped, 1/2 tsp ginger, and 2 tsp finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Stir fry till the garlic and onion become brownish pink. Add 1 tsp garam masala and stir fry again for a minute.
- Now add all the vegetables and mix well. Add salt and crushed green chilies/red chili powder to taste, and 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchur).
- Mix well and stir fry for 5 minutes on a medium flame, turning occasionally, till most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Keep aside for cooling.
For the dough :
Take 1 and 1/2 cup wheat flour in a kneading bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp oil, and use water to knead into a soft dough (just like a chapati dough). Keep the dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Take 2" ball of the dough and roll it into a 5" big circle.
- Place a 3 tbsp of the filling and bring up from all sides and close at the top. Press to flatten a little. Dust with some wheat flour on both sides, and roll into a bigger circle, a few millimeters thick.
- Cook on a heated griddle on both sides, into a golden brown color. Spread about 1/2 tsp oil on both sides when cooking.
- Repeat for the remaining dough and the filling.
- Serve hot with butter, yogurt, and pickle.
Looks really nutritious and novel with multi vegetables! Surely going to try soon.