- Yield: serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Pachadi Recipe (Spring Onion Salad)
Pachadi is a mixed vegetable salad with a prominent flavor of the spring onions. The strong onion taste is correctly balanced by adding cucumbers and carrots.
- Spring onions - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Carrots - 1/4 cup Grated
- Cucumber - 1/4 cup finely chopped c
- Coarsely ground roasted peanut powder* - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Green chili - 1 Vertically slit
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lime / lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coriander/cilantro - A small bunch finely chopped
- Take 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions, 1/4 cup grated carrots, 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber and mix in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanut powder* to it.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil and add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida (hing), and 1 vertically slit green chili. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the above seasoning to the cut vegetables and mix.
- Add salt to taste, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander/cilantro.
- Mix well and serve with roti/chapati.
*Roast peanuts in a pan on a medium flame, till some black spots start appearing on the outside. Let cool and then crush a little with hands to separate peels. Blow away the peels and grind the peanuts coarsely.