Raw Mango Pickle Recipe
Fresh raw mango pickle is the most favorite preparation in any household in India during the mango season. This pickle is very easy to make and mouth watering. As an accompaniment, it is guaranteed to complete any meal by satisfying your palette. It stays fresh for up to two weeks when stored in a refrigerator.
- Wash the raw mango well and wipe it dry.
- Cut out four parts of a raw mango from all around the central seed.
- Cut each part into small 1 cm cubes. Scrape out all the pulp that's sticking to the seed and cut that too in small pieces.
- Discard the seed and transfer all the cut pieces to a mixing bowl.
- For 2 & 1/4 cups of the mango cubes, add 1 & 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, and 1/2 cup jaggery.
- Mix well and keep aside for 30-45 minutes. It will release lots of water.
- Store this fresh raw mango pickle in a jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. This is not like the long lasting pickle that has a large amount of salt in it.