- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Stir Fry Valor Beans Recipe
Valor beans are a flat variety of beans that have a unique flavor. Here is a simple recipe to incorporate these healthy beans in your meals.
- Valor beans - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander/cilantro - Finely chopped for garnishing
- Coconut - Fresh grated for garnishing
- Salt - To taste
- Remove the strings along the edges of all the beans. Wash them thoroughly and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds crackle, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida (hing), and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Now add all the cut beans and mix.
- Add salt to taste, crushed green chilies to taste, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, and 1/2 tsp cumin powder. Reduce the heat to low and let cook covered for about 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes and checking if they are all cooked.
- Once the beans are nicely cooked, turn off the gas. Garnish with finely chopped coriander/cilantro, and some freshly grated coconut.
- Serve with roti/chapati.