- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Sweet And Sour Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe
Sweet And Sour Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe is a delicious juicy sabzi of bhindi, okra or ladies finger, cooked in Maharashtrian Style. The sweet and sour taste of this sabzi makes it finger licking and delicious to eat with roti/fulka.
- Okra (Bhindi / Lady's finger) - 2 cups, cut in small pieces
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Tamarind - 1 and 1/2 inch big piece
- Jaggery (gud) - 2 tbsp
- Kala / Goda Masala - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Red Chili Powder - To taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Cut all bhindi into 1 cm big pieces.
- Soak the tamarind in some hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After they crackle, add asafoetida (hing), and turmeric powder.
- Add all the cut bhindi and stir fry for 5-10 minutes on low -medium heat, turning it around intermittently, till all the stickiness of the okras is gone and they are completely cooked.
- Now squeeze out all the juice from the soaked tamarind and add to the stir-fried bhindi.
- Add about 1/4-1/2 cup water, salt and red chili powder to taste, Maharashtrian Kala/Goda Masala (instead of the Goda masala, you can also add 1 tsp coriander powder + 1/2 tsp cumin powder) and jaggery.
- Mix and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes till all the jaggery dissolves.
- Turn off the gas and serve this delicious Bhindi curry with roti/chapati.
Enjoy making this delicious Bhindi Ki Sabzi. thanks for visiting! You may also like –