Besan Ladoo Recipe
Besan ladoo is a traditional Indian snack that is tasty, filling and nutritious. It is an excellent choice to satisfy that between - the- meals hunger. Also it is quick and easy to make and can be stored for months.
- Gram flour - 4 cups
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Powdered sugar - 3 & 1/4 cups
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Almonds or raisins - As per choice
- Add 1 & 1/2 cups of clarified butter (ghee) to 4 cups of gram flour (besan).
- Roast nicely on a medium flame turning and mixing continuously till the flour changes from a yellow to brownish yellow in color.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool.
- When it is warm, add 3 & 1/4 cups of finely powdered sugar, and 1 tsp cardamom powder. Mix and knead nicely with hands, to make it soft as a dough.
- Roll into 2" big round shape laddoos.
- Stick a thin slice of peeled almonds or a raisin into each laddoo as you roll it. Enjoy!