Wheat Flour Halwa recipe (Aate Ka halwa)
Wheat flour halwa or 'Atte ka halwa' has its own unique aroma and flavor of the roasted wheat flour. This is an extremely easy and quick - to - make snack or dessert.
- Wheat flour (Ata) - 1 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - 4 & 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Almonds (peeled and sliced) or raisins (optional) - For garnishing
- Heat 4 & 1/2 tbsp clarified butter or ghee in a pan.
- Add 1 cup wheat flour to it and roast nicely, turning continuously till it turns dark brown in color.
- Add 1 and 1/4 cups of near boil water to it and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and cover to cook for a minute.
- Add 1 cup sugar, mix again and cover to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with peeled and sliced almonds or raisins and serve delicious wheat flour halwa hot.