Vrat Ka Dosa Recipe (Upasacha Dosa)
Vrat ka dosa is a very crispy dosa made with vrat ke or samak ke chawal. It is a very delicious recipe to eat on days of fast or vrat.
- Samak rice (barnyard millet / vrat ke chawal) - 1 cup
- Tapioca (Sabudana) - 1/2 cup
- Raw peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2
- Salt - To taste
- Oil - As needed
- Soak 1 cup samak ke chawal, 1/2 cup tapioca, and 1/4 cup raw peanuts in water for about 2-3 hours.
- Pour out any extra water and keep aside.
- Add 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, and salt to taste and grind into a slightly coarse batter. Use the poured out water for grinding to get a consistency similar to a regular dosa batter.
- Heat a griddle and add 3-4 tbsp of the batter in the center of the griddle. Spread in to a thin circle using the back of a spoon or a laddle.
- Spread 1/2 tsp oil along the edges and little in the center.
- Let cook on medium heat till there is browning along the edges.
- Then carefully remove with a spatula and serve hot.
- Serve with jeera aloo and sweet lemon pickle or peanut chutney.