Kaju Katli Recipe
Kaju Katli is a very common and very delicious sweet that can be enjoyed by all, especially kids. The recipe is very quick and also easy to make. In the video demonstration, I have added milk powder to add some flavor of 'khoya', but you may skip adding it. All the steps still remain the same without the milk powder.
- Roast the milk powder on low to medium heat for 2 minutes and keep aside. (If you do not want to add milk powder, You may skip this step.)
- Grind the cashews into a fine powder.
- Add sugar to a pan and add water slowly to it, till the sugar gets completely covered (about 1/2 cup).
- Heat the sugar solution and bring to boil.
- Now reduce the heat to medium and continue boiling. After about 2 minutes, test the sugar solution by taking a drop between your index finger and thumb and stretching it. It should form a single string between your fingers.
- As soon as this happens, reduce the heat to low and add the powdered cashews.
- Mix well and let it cook for another 8-10 minutes, on low-medium heat, while stirring continuously. In about8-10 minutes, the mixture will start coming together, becomes thick and heavy to stir.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the pan to a cooler surface and add the milk powder. (Skip adding milk powder, if not using it.)
- Mix well and keep turning the mixture till it becomes warm enough to gently knead with hands.
- Make in to a ball and transfer the mixture to the center of a rolling board lined with a parchment paper / butter paper and roll into a circle about 1/2 cm thick or according to your liking.
- Spread the silver lining if you like and then cut into diamond shapes using a knife with a very thin blade or with a pizza cutter.
- Separate them out and enjoy!!