Puff Pastry Patties Recipe
Made with ready made frozen puff pastry sheets, these Puff Pastry Patties are a mouth watering snack. The filling used here is of potato and peas but you can add some other vegetables like cabbage, carrots, beans and so on, add the same spices, and make a healthy version.
- For the filling
- Potatoes - 2 boiled
- Green Peas - 1/4 cup
- OIl - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - A pinch
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Garlic - 1/2 tsp grated or paste
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp grated or paste
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Salt - To taste
- For the cover
- Frozen puff pastry sheets - one sheet folded into a thirds
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into very small cubes.
- To the green peas, add little water and cook in a microwave for 3-4 minutes. Drain off all the water and mash them a little with the back of a spoon.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida, turmeric powder, onion, garlic and ginger. Add garam masala and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the potatoes cubes and the green peas. Add salt, red chili powder and dry mango powder. Mix well and let cook for a minute.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Thaw the pastry sheet by just keeping at room temperature for about 20 mins or thaw in a microwave for a few seconds to bring it to room temperature.
- Open the folds of the sheet and cut into long rectangles along the folds.
- Take one rectangle at a time and cut into equal squares. Repeat with all the rectangles.
- Take one square piece of the sheet at a time and add about 1 tbsp of the filling diagonally.
- Now bring in one corner tocover the filling and overlap the diagonally opposite corner. It will make a triangular shape.
- Firmly close the opening along the edge.
- Repeat with all the squares.
- Keep all the patties in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Now flip all the patties to the other side and bake again for 10 minutes, or so, (the time may vary a little depending upon the oven) till they are golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with Sweet Tamarind Chutney or Coriander Chutney.