Apple Jam Recipe
Apple Jam is a very easy and delicious recipe, to make at home. With that perfectly tangy flavor, apple jam goes very well with any kind of bread.
- Apples (slightly sour in taste) - 4-5 Medium sized
- Lime / Lemon zest - 2, 1
- Sugar - 1 & 3/4 cup
- Citric acid - Less than 1/4 tsp
- Yellow food color - 1-2 drops
- Cut the apples into very small pieces after discarding the seeds.
- Add water till all the pieces are covered.
- Add the lemon / lime zests.
- Bring to boil and continue to cook, till the pieces are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Strain using a strainer and drain away all the water.
- Grind the pieces in a food processor or a grinder into a slightly coarse pulp, leaving a few tidbits.
- Measure the quantity of the pulp and add sugar, 3/4 th of the quantity of the pulp.
- Mix, and cook again on low heat, till it becomes thick and achieves the desired consistency.
- When it is almost done, add the citric acid and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1-2 drops of yellow food color.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow to cool completely and store in a glass jar with a tight lid. You may store it in the refrigerator for later use.