Bisi Bele Anna Masala Recipe
Bisi bele anna or Bisi bele rice is a recipe from Karnataka. It is a very healthy and easy to cook recipe that forms a complete meal with carbohydrates, protein, and vegetables. It tastes awesome especially during cold winter days. The bisi bele anna masala is very easy to make at home. Though it is readily available in the market, this home made bisi bele anna masala adds a wonderfully authentic taste to the preparation.
- Cinnamon stick - 2 & 1/2
- Cloves - 6
- Marathi Moggu (Kapok buds) - 1
- Cardamom seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
- Poppy Seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies - A handful or to taste
- Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Split chick pea lentil (Chana Dal) - 2 & 1/2 tbsp
- Split black lentils (Urad dal) - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the ingredients except the two lentils.
- Stir fry for a few seconds, till everything gets coated with oil.
- Now add the two lentils and stir fry till they become golden brown in color.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Grind to a fine powder and store in an air tight container.
- Use it as and when required to make yummy bisi bele anna!