Eggless Cake Recipe
This eggless cake recipe is very simple and easy to make. It can be a very quick, last minute recipe to make, if you have all the ingredients at home. I have added the vanilla essence, but you can add any other like lemon or orange, and get a different flavor. Also, this cake can be baked in an oven or steamed using a pressure cooker. We best enjoy this at tea/coffee time on weekends.
- Butter or Oil - 1/2 cup melted
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Milk - 6 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Whisk the butter and add powdered sugar, and milk powder to it. Whisk firmly again to mix.
- Add all purpose flour, little by little, mixing every time with hands as you add the flour.
- Add baking powder, vanilla essence, and milk. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and whisk briskly.
- Pour the mixture in a baking pan or a cooker utensil, greesed lightly with some butter.
- Level with hand.
- If baking in an oven, bake till well done, on 350 degrees. Check by inserting a tooth pick in to it. Bake till the tooth pick comes out dry.
- If using a pressure cooker, cook without the pressure (or the whistle) for 20 minutes, on high heat. Remove from the cooker or oven, and allow to cool completely.
- Now carefully loosen along the wall, using a knife and then flip over the pan or the pressure cooker utensil to release the cake.
- Cut into any shape you like and serve.
- Try adding some decorative icing on each piece.
Would like to make eggless cake using milk powder.
Will you please tell me 1 cup is of 250 ml or 200 ml in the recipe used by you
Hi Sujata, I follow the US measurement system in which 1 cup is about 236 ml.