Moong Dal Dosa Recipe
Moong Dal Dosa is a very tasty, crispy, attractive, and protein rich dosa, ideal for breakfast or for snack time. It is very easy and quick to make too, leaving aside the soaking time.
- Yellow lentil (Moong dal) - 3/4 cup
- Ginger - 1 inch x 1 inch big piece
- Garlic cloves (Optional) - 2-3 big cloves
- Salt - To taste
- Green chilies - 2-3 or to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - As needed
- Soak the lentils for 5-6 hours in water.
- Drain away all the excess water and add ginger, garlic (optional), green chilies and salt.
- Grind everything in to a fine batter. Now add turmeric powder and mix.
- Heat a griddle and pour about 2-3 tbsp of the batter in the center of the griddle and with the back of a spoon, spread into a thin circle.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil along the edge of the dosa.
- Keep the heat on medium and let the dosa become golden brown on the lower side.
- Gently remove with a spatula, roll into a cylinder, and serve hot.
- Serve with mulga podi, coriander chutney or tomato chutney.