Tutti Frutti Cake Recipe
Tutti Frutti cake is a very famous variety of cake, loved by kids. It has tiny colorful and candied fruit bits in it, called tutti frutti. It tastes very delicious with tea or coffee, or as any time snack. The recipe that I have shared here does not use eggs. Instead I have used flax seeds as an egg replacement. It works wonderfully and helps to make the cake really fluffy, just like the one with eggs.
- Butter or Oil - 1/2 cup melted
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
- Milk - 5 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Flax seeds - 1 tbsp powdered
- Tutti frutti - 1/4 cup
- Whisk the butter and add powdered sugar, and milk powder to it. Whisk firmly again to mix.
- Add all purpose flour, little by little, mixing every time with hands as you add the flour.
- Add baking powder, vanilla essence, and milk. Mix well.
- Mix 1 tbsp of powdered flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water (this acts as an egg replacement).
- Add the powdered flax seeds mixed with water, baking soda, tutti frutti, and whisk briskly.
- Pour the mixture in a baking pan, greased lightly with some butter.
- Bake till well done, on 350 degrees. Check by inserting a tooth pick in to it. Bake till the tooth pick comes out dry.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Now carefully loosen along the wall, using a knife and then flip over the pan to release the cake.
- Cut into any slices and serve.