Boondi Chivda Recipe
Boondi chivda is a wonderful tea-time snack that can be prepared very easily. "Boondi' or the round crispy gram flour fritters needed for this can be made at home or can be bought from the store.
- Boondi (round gram flour fritters) - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 15 finely chopped
- Green chilies (crushed) - 2 small (or to taste)
- Garlic - 2 big cloves, finely chopped
- Raw peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Salt - To taste
- Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4-1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, and finely chopped curry leaves, and crushed green chilies.
- Wait till the curry leaves stop sizzling. Now add the chopped garlic, and peanuts.
- Stir fry till the peanuts are darker in color and their skin starts to peel away. The garlic will also get stir fried with the peanuts into a light brown color.
- Add little salt, turn off the heat and allow this seasoning to cool.
- To this seasoning, add the 'boondi'.
- Add some red chili powder and dry mango powder (amchur).
- Mix well and the spicy boondi chivda is ready to serve.
- Store in an air-tight jar.
- Serve as a snack or at tea-time.