Cabbage Carrot Stir Fry Recipe
Cabbage carrot stir fry is a new recipe that is very simple, healthy, and very delicious. It was invented by me, when encouraged by my husband, who is a veggie-lover. It serves as a wonderful healthy filling for a chapati roll, to pack for lunch or for picnics and travel.
- Cabbage - 1 cup, cut into long thin strands
- Carrots - 1/2 cup, grated
- Green chilies - 2 small
- Ginger - 1 inch big piece
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 & 1/2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - A small bunch chopped for garnishing
- Crush or grind the ginger and chilies together to make a fine mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they sizzle, add asafoetida, and chopped onion. Add the ginger-green-chili mix (from step 1) and stir fry till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the garam masala and stir fry for a few more seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrot, and mix well.
- Cover to cook on a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and dry mango powder.
- Mix and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander.
- Serve with any kind of Indian bread like phulka or roti.