Stir Fry Capsicum With Potato Recipe
Stir fry capsicum (green pepper) with potato is a spicy and piquant veggie-mix. It can be served as a starter, as a spicy salad, or with roti/chapati, as part of the main meal. When serving as a salad or starter, try adding some salted and roasted peanuts(before adding all the spices), and then garnish with some chopped mint leaves.
- Capsicums (green peppers) - 2 cups, cut into long slices
- Potatoes - 3 medium, cut into long wedges
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- Red chili powder - 1/2-3/4 tsp (or to taste)
- Sabzi masala (or chaat masala) - 1 tsp
- Lime / Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds. When they sizzle, add asafoetida, and turmeric powder.
- Add the potato wedges.
- Stir fry on low - medium heat, till the wedges start turning golden brown along the edges and on the surfaces.
- Add the capsicum (green pepper) slices, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover and cook till the capsicum gets cooked (do not cook too soft, just enough to remove the raw taste).
- Add salt, red chili powder, sabzi masala (or chaat masala), and lemon juice.
- Mix and cover to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot as an appetizer, or as a spicy salad (garnish with some chopped mint leaves when serving as a salad), or with any kind of bread.