Flax Seed Chutney Recipe (javasachi chutney)
Flax seeds chutney, made with flax seeds or linseed, is considered very healthy and is known to improve the good cholesterol in your body. Incorporate this healthy chutney in your everyday meals to get all the benefits of these healthy seeds.
- Flax seeds or linseed - 1 cup
- Dry coconut - 1/4 cup grated
- Seasme seeds - 1/2 cup
- Raw peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 cup
- Dried red chilies - 12
- Salt - To taste
- Dry roast the flax seeds in a pan, for about 2-3 minutes after they start making a popping sound. The flax seeds will turn darker in color.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the peanuts till they get a few brown spots. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Dry roast the grated coconut till it is slightly pinkish in color. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds till they are slightly pink in color. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- To the same pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add asafoetida, and curry leaves.
- Stir fry a little till the curry leaves stop sizzling.
- Add the red chilies and stir fry for a minute or two, till the red chilies become crunchy.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Allow all the contents of the mixing bowl to cool down, then transfer to a grinder.
- Add salt and grind to a fine powder.
- Serve with any kind of bread like roti/phulka/bhakari and so on. Try mixing with little yogurt before serving.