Pumpkin Bharta Recipe
By Uma Abhyankar August 1, 2016
Pumpkin, a rich source of vitamin A and dietary fiber, can be incorporated in everyday meals in many different ways. Pumpkin Bharta recipe is a wonderful way to include this healthy vegetable in our daily diet.
- Pumpkin - 1 cup peeled and chopped
- Oil - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - A pinch
- Green Chilies - 1 slit vertically
- Plain yogurt (dahi) (optional) - 1& 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - To taste
- Roasted peanut powder - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Chop the peeled pumpkin into small cubes and add 1/4 cup water.
- Cook in a microwave till the cubes are soft.
- Drain off all the water used for cooking.
- Mash the pumpkin completely with the back of a spoon.
- Add roasted peanut powder and salt. Mix and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
- After the cumin seeds sizzle, add asafoetida, and green chili.
- Allow the vertically slit green chili to sizzle a little and then turn off the heat. Allow this seasoning to cool and then add to the pumpkin.
- Mix well, add coriander leaves, and then add the yogurt.
- Mix again and serve this delicious pumpkin bharta with roti / chapati.