Shepuchi Bhaji (Dill Leaves Bhaji)
Dill leaves called 'shepu' in Marathi, is a very healthy vegetable that has a unique flavor of its own. It can be prepared dry or curry style. Earlier I shared the dry form and this one here is the curry style preparation. Enjoy with 'bhakri', or 'roti'.
- Dill leaves or 'Shepu' - 1 cup
- Rice - 1 tbsp
- Split chick pea lentil (Chana Dal) - 1 tbsp
- Gram flour - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 1/2 tbsp finely chopped or grated
- Green chilies - 2 crushed
- Salt - To taste
- Thoroughly wash and chop the dill leaves.
- In a pot add the rice, and the split chick pea lentil, and wash.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and then add the chopped dill leaves.
- Keep in a pressure cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles and then reduce the heat for 5 minutes before turning it off.
- Remove from the pressure cooker after the pressure is released and then add the gram flour.
- With the back of a spoon, mix nicely moving the spoon in a circular motion, to blend in the gram flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds crackle, add turmeric powder, crushed garlic and green chilies.
- Stir fry for few seconds and add the cooked dill leaves.
- Mix and add salt to taste.
- Let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve with 'Bhakri' or roti.