Snake Gourd Seeds Chutney Recipe
Snake gourd which a very healthy veggie has seeds that can be made into a delicious chutney. So next time, don't discard them but use them to make this wonderful chutney that can be served as a spicy accompaniment to any meal.
- Snake gourd seeds - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 and 1/4 tsp in all
- Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies - 2 medium cut into small pieces
- Fresh grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
- Salt - To taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Lime/lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai) - 1/4 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - A pinch
- Turmeric Powder - A pinch
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add sesame seeds.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes and then add the snake gourd seeds and green chilies cut into small pieces.
- Stir fry till the sesame seeds become reddish brown in color and then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a grinder jar.
- Add coconut, coriander leaves, salt, sugar, and lime/lemon juice.
- Add water as needed and grind into an evenly fine chutney.
- Heat 1/4 tsp oil and add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds crackle, add asafoetida, and turmeric powder. Turn off the heat.
- Add this seasoning from step 8 to the chutney in step 6 and mix.
- Serve this delicious snake gourd seeds chutney with roti/chapati.