Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe
Kaddu or pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamin A and is very beneficial for the health of your eyes and skin. Kaddu ki sabzi is one way to incorporate this healthy vegetable in your diet. The recipe that I share here has a wonderful flavor of poppy seeds and coconut. It can be eaten with any kind of Indian bread.
- Pumpkin - 2 cups, peeled and cut into 1 inch big cubes.
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Aasafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Dry grated coconut - 2 tsp
- Poppy Seeds - 2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Salt - To taste
- Kala / Goda Masala - 1 tsp
- Jaggery (gud) - 1 tbsp
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into small 1 inch cubes.
- In a pan, dry roast the grated coconut and the poppy seeds till both turn brownish. Grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, fenugreek seeds, and the pumpkin cubes. Turn to mix.
- Add salt, red chili powder, kala masala, jaggery, and the poppy seeds-coconut mixture kept aside in step 2.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes and then add about 1/2-3/4 cup of water.
- Cover and let cook till the pumpkin is soft, yet firm. Then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with roti/chapati.