Vegetable Cutlet Recipe
This recipe of vegetable cutlet is very easy to make at home. Vegetable cutlet makes a wonderful snack that goes perfectly with tea or as an appetizer. Vegetable cutlet can also be used as a vegetable patty for making veg burgers. Enjoy these delicious cutlets with green chutney or ketchup!
- Boiled potatoes peeled and chopped - 2 cups
- Carrots - 3/4 cup chopped into small cubes
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup
- String Beans - 1/2 cup chopped finely
- Oil - 2 tsp an more for shallow or deep frying
- Onion - 1 small finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece, finely crushed
- Green chilies - 2 medium finely crushed
- Garam Masala - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Bread slice - 1
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 4 tbsp
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Keep the chopped potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the carrots, beans, and peas to a microwave safe bowl and add 1/2 cup water.
- Steam in a microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain out all the water from the vegetables and mash them with a masher.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the onion, ginger, and green chilies.
- Add the garam masala and saute for a minute.
- Add all the steamed vegetables and mix.
- Transfer everything to the mixing bowl with the potatoes.
- Add salt and dry mango powder and mix nicely, gently mashing with hands.
- Remove the edge of the bread slice, and dip it in a bowl of water. Squeeze out all the water and add this slice to the mixture in the mixing bowl. Also add the chopped coriander.
- Mix well, add more salt if needed.
- Take a small portion of this mixture at a time and shape it into round or oval patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat with the entire mixture and keep all the patties aside.
- To the all purpose flour add about 8 tbsp water and mix leaving no lumps.
- Heat oil for frying. Test the temperature by adding a small drop of the all purpose flour batter (step 14) in oil. It should sizzle and quickly rise to the surface.
- Take one patty at a time and dip it in the all purpose flour batter.
- Flip on both sides so that the batter just lightly covers the patty, and then transfer to the hot oil for frying.
- Fry till golden brown in color.
- Repeat step 16 and 17 to deep fry all the patties in batches, till they are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove each batch on a paper towel.
- Serve these hot cutlets with green chutney or ketchup.