Gond Ke Ladoo Recipe
Gond ke ladoo is a very healthy and delicious snack to eat during cold winter months. The 'gond' or edible gum is derived from the bark of a tree and is known to generate heat in our body. The combined dry fruits and the gum make it an excellent snack in winter.
- Edible gum - 1/2 cup in the form of small crystals
- Roasted dry grated coconut - 1 cup
- Dried dates' powder - 1/2 cup
- Coarsely powdered almonds - 1/2 cup
- Poppy Seeds - 1/4 cup
- Nutmeg - 1/4 th nutmeg grated
- Jaggery (gud) - About 2 cups
- Clarified butter (Ghee) - About 1/2 cup
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- cardamom powder (optional) - As per liking
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the roasted coconut, dried dates' powder, almond powder, poppy seeds, and grated nutmeg. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the gum in small batches. Keep the heat on medium when frying and allow the gum to puff up fully.
- Remove the fried gum in a plate and gently crush it with hands.
- Add the crushed gum to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl from step 1. Keep aside.
- Add jaggery to a pan, and also add milk to it.
- Keep the heat on low-medium, stir continuously, and allow the jaggery to melt completely.
- When all the jaggery has melted, and it starts frothing, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the pan to a cooler surface and add cardamom powder (optional).
- Add all the ingredients in the mixing bowl from step 4.
- Mix thoroughly, first with spoon and then with your hand as it cools a bit.
- Roll round ladoos with your hands before the mixture cools completely.
- Store delicious 'gond ke ladoo' in a jar with close fitting lid.