Methi Ladoo Recipe
Methi or fenugreek seeds, are very healthy and should be incorporated in small quantities in everyday meals. Methi ladoos is a unique recipe that uses these healthy seeds and transforms them into a healthy and tasty snack. Methi seeds being slightly bitter in taste, and acidic in nature, the size of these ladoos is kept small. They should be eaten regularly during winter for health benefits, but remember to limit the quantity to 2-3 per week.
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds) - 3/4 tbsp
- Clarified butter or ghee - 2 tbsp for soaking methi and 3 tbsp for roasting wheat flour
- Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Poppy seeds - 3/4 tbsp
- Dry grated coconut - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Wheat flour (Ata) - 2/3 cup
- Edible gum - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Dried dates' powder - 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Almond powder or almond slices - 1/2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
- Dry roast the fenugreek seeds till they are brownish in color.
- Grind them into a slightly coarse powder.
- Heat 2 tbsp of melted ghee and pour over the methi seeds powder. The powder should get completely soaked and a thin layer of ghee should be covering the powder.
- Allow the methi seeds to soak in the ghee for 3 days. For example, if you soak on a Monday morning, it will be ready on Thursday morning for the next steps.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds, dry coconut, and sesame seeds separately, till pinkish in color, and transfer to a grinder jar.
- Dry roast the edible gum till all the crystals puff up. And transfer them to the grinder jar (step 5).
- Crush all the ingredients in the grinder for a few seconds to release the aroma and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee and roast the wheat flour in it, till it becomes darker in color. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the all the ingredients from the grinder jar to the wheat flour in the mixing bowl.
- Also add the soaked fenugreek seeds powder, dried dates' powder, powdered sugar, and almond powder.
- Mix everything well. Use kneading action to mix.
- Roll into small size ladoos, about 1 inch in size. (Add more ghee if the mixture is dry, and can't be rolled into a round shape.)